Once again I’ve been horribly late in updating the speculative alternatives portfolio. Two positions have changed since I posted about it last:
- Nov. 26: Exit the J&J position & associated hedge
- Dec 3: Buy NWN and enter associated hedge
The resulting portfolio is:
- Short 18% BMS
- Long 12.2% SPY as beta hedge for BMS
- Long 18% NWN
- Short 4.7% SPY as beta hedge for NWN
- Long 18% SPY as trend follow
- Long 15% GLD as trend follow
The SPY positions sum – total is 25.5%.
Here are all the transactions to date: Transactions 2012-12-11
Current value of the portfolio as of today is about $32,020 – a 6.6% gain from portfolio inception.
I want to discuss a little how the portfolio has been doing. We’ve gone 6 months now and held 13 stock positions (two still open) and changed the direction of our gold position twice. Continue reading